This course is designed to give you the confidence, knowledge and skills to recognise and manage asthmatic and anaphylactic emergencies including the use of the asthma inhaler and the adrenaline auto-injector.
Assessment is through a combination of practical first aid activities and a written test paper.
Book your course in a location convenient to you by selecting the region in the calendar below.
- Asthma, anaphylaxis and allergy overview
- Asthma and anaphylaxis signs, symptoms and triggers
- Asthma and anaphylaxis medications and devices
- Asthma and anaphylaxis action plans
- Asthma and anaphylaxis risk management planning for the workplace
- Hands-on-practice in using asthma inhalers and spacers
- Hands-on-practice adrenaline auto-injector administration (Epi-pen)
- Asthma and anaphylaxis first aid management
22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
VU21800 Provide first aid management of anaphylaxis
VU21801 Develop risk minimisation and risk management strategies for anaphylaxis
Training Materials Provided
First aid publication.
Recommended recertification period
St John Ambulance recommends that the asthma and anaphylaxis competencies are renewed every 12 months.
Recommended Product/First Aid kits
Viewing sessions for:
There are no available sessions for this period